Last updated: August 10, 2023
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to Renegade Otter.
When we say “Services”, we mean our websites, including renegadeotter.com, friendlyfire.tech, and any product created and maintained by Renegade Otter.
When we say “Third Party”, we mean the services our products integrate with, including GitHub and Slack.
We may update these Terms of Service ("Terms") in the future. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will refresh the date at the top of this page and take any other appropriate steps to notify account holders.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce a right or provision of the Terms; however, that does not mean we are waiving that right or provision. These Terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
- None of our products as of today require manual account creation. Friendly Fire is an integration with GitHub and Slack, which uses the minimal amount of information required to provide Services. We never ask for access to sensitive data, such as emails.
- We only use the information from a Third Party that is available to us based on the permissions that you have granted to our products.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. Uninstalling and app or revoking tokens/privileges using Third Party settings effectively disconnects our systems from the Third Party.
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Services immediately upon account cancellation. Within 30 days, all content will be permanently deleted from active systems and logs. Within 60 days, all content will be permanently deleted from our backups. We cannot recover this information once it has been permanently deleted.
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for most of our Services as they heavily rely on uptime and availability of Third Parties.
Features and Bugs
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed, and we don’t guarantee completely error-free Services.
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any Third Party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to these Terms or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
If you have a question about any of these Terms, please contact us.